Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Recipe

Home made Pizza

I like keeping ingredients in for this for those I don't feel like cooking nights. Since you are making it yourself you can make it very healthy.

1. Dough, lets see, whatever tickles your fancy!
Italian bread sliced in half
pita bread
Tortilla bread
English Muffins
Pretty much whatever you can think up or whatever is on sale that week.

2. Part Skim Mozzerella
Sometimes I shred my own to save money. Just shred it when you get home and toss it in
the fridge.

3. Tomato Sauce
I use spaghetti sauce, or you can use pizza sauce. Pizza sauce is a little thicker so less chance
of the bread turning soggy.

4. Seasoning
I use garlic salt and oregano

5. Veggies of your choice
I like tomatoes, purple onion (sliced thin), sweet peppers, muchrooms (canned workds best)
Green peppers (sliced thin.)

If you are using italian bread or english muffins toast them in the oven first 350 for a few minutes keep a close eye on them so they don't over toast.

Add Sauce, then cheese, then veggies, and then finally veggies!

I put it in the oven broiler this cooks the cheese brown and bubbly! It only takes 5 to 10 minutes. Depending on your choice of "dough" just keep a close eye on it!!

Enjoy!

No comments: