Friday, September 12, 2008

Double Duty Pork Roast

2 lb pork roast (boneless) on sale for 1.99 lb alot!
Season with salt and pepper
Whatever other seasoning fit the taste of your family
I like to cook it in salsa!! I just pour about half a normal size jar in with it.
Slice up some potatoes and put them in.
The salsa adds alot of flavor to the potatoes.

I cook this in a crockpot. It is best to start it early in the morning and cook on low all day. You can speed it up by cooking on high.

Serve with corn or green beans.

Night #2

Now this is the night my family really likes it. Sometimes I skip serving it from the crockpot. I simply take it out of the crockpot and devide it into 2 nights servings put one in the freezer.

1/2 of the pork from the crock pot. crumbled
1/2 large onion chopped
salt
pepper

I take the pork roast and shred it. This is easy when you cook it in the crock pot.
Spray large frying pan with non stick spray. Ad pork to pan dab with some of the smart balance butter. Ad onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I fry it all together until the meat starts to get a little brown and crispy.

Serve on hamburger rolls.
Serve with bagged salad, and baked beans!!

No comments: